Wednesday 25 September 2013

Tuesday's Activites

Today before work I listen again to the article about Acorn and Squirrels RDA  that was on radio Devon last Thursday morning, on iplayer radio. I decided to post a link on to both my Facebook page and on twitter, I was really impressed as no sooner had I put it on to twitter than it was retweeted by someone - a true case of networking in action.

Today I went to Forde abbey to teach the younger riders of chard RDA group, all four riders were there today, there was no rain in sight today so that was good.
I had the two girls first followed by the two boys in the next half hour. These riders all need three helpers with each of them, one person leading and being in charge of the pony and two side helpers looking after the rider on the pony.

Today I was carrying on with what we have been doing the last couple of sessions.
I was getting them to stop by cones and count to a number before asking the pony to walk on to the next cone to do the same at that cone. they also were practicing steering around the cones first to the left and then to the right of the cones.
I then got them to place rings on a cone, first using their left hand then next time with their right hand, each cone was a different colour and so the rider was asked what colour they wanted, so as to practice speaking and interacting as this something we are working on with the riders, the counting is also helping with this.

To get the girls to sit up as straight as they can I tell them that  they need to sit up as if they are top models, to get the boys to sit up I tell them that they need to sit up as if they are soldiers which seems to work very nicely.

To finish I was getting the riders to name parts of the ponies that they were sitting on and simple parts of the saddle and bridle as I am hoping to arrange for someone to come and see if they are good enough to be awarded their RDA grade one certificate and badge at the next session as it will soon be time to finish for the summer as  the clocks will soon be going back and it will be dark in the evenings.


No comments:

Post a Comment