Wednesday 30 April 2014

Easter Rides at East Devon RDA.

The last week before Easter at East Devon RDA, I took both the Thursday and Friday riding sessions.
 Easter cakes  and Easter eggs were  brought in for every one to enjoy.


 

 



I designed a course of different things that the riders had done with me over the few weeks that I had been covering the riding sessions.






I even made a 'gate' using two blocks and a pole.
which I used to teach all the riders how to approach a gate and open it.

Once the riders had got on their horses and settled into their riding, we did all the obstacle's that I had put up in the arena.

The riders did the course once, then a lot of the riders that had been coming off the lead rein came off the leading rein for the second time of doing the course, they also had to look out for cardboard pictures of Easter eggs that were hidden in or on the obstacles, which they exchanged after they had got off their horses for an Easter egg and cake.

   




The course was.

First they had to bend around the cones and then stop between the uprights move a bean bag from one upright across  to the other upright.
Then they had to walk to the upright by A and pick out a coloured ball which they carried and placed it in the matching coloured bucket while walking towards C.
 
 The riders then walked through my 'road' and turned to either trot or do a nice walk from one block to the next block.
Then they walked to the 'gate' and asked for it to be opened ,the riders had to remember to say 'thank you' to the person opening the gate and wish them a 'Happy Easter'.

Everyone had a lot of fun and felt they had achieved a lot over the weeks.

On the Friday after the rides I was given an Easter egg to say thank you for coming and covering the rides over the previous weeks.
Over coffee I was asked if I would do the rides on a permament basis, I agreed to do the Thursday rides after Easter as I am able to move some other work around,Friday is a little difficult to do permanently.


 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment